Today our oceans and wildlife are in crisis. Pirate fishing fleets continue to plunder the seas with impunity. Poaching and smuggling of endangered wildlife continues largely unabated. And natural habitats are being destroyed like never before. In many cases government agencies are powerless to act through lack of vessels, training and resource.
Earthrace Conservation works to support these governments and NGOs through providing highly trained Operatives and assets to assist them with their conservation efforts. Our missions have been limited though because we lacked out own ship. So last year we started development of an amazing new vessel to become our base of operations. This will significantly improve our operational effectiveness, allowing us to catch and prosecute more people involved in illegal activity.
The team has just completed a successful Kickstarter campaign to complete design, and we are not working to secure sponsors, partners and co-owners to make this project happen.
* Design: Tri-Hull Wavepiercer
* Construction: Sandwich composite
* Length: 59.3m (195 ft)
* Beam: 12m (39ft)
* Crew: 16
* Passengers: 10 in addition to crew
* Accommodation: 26 people
* Range 10,000nm at 12 knots
* Drone: Schieber S100
* Briefing Room: 30 person theatre
* Guest Capacity in port: 200
* Tender: 11m (37ft) Sealegs Amphibious Vessel
* Designer: LOMOcean Design Ltd
Earthrace-2 is a multi-purpose vessel that will be used in a range of applications. It will be deployed for 6-8 months each year assisting Government Agencies and NGOs with Conservation Missions, and Scientific Research projects to remote areas. It will also run an outreach program for 3-4 months each yeah, linking with Media, Sponsors, Partners, School Groups and the Public. The following summarises the key roles of Earthrace-2
* Maritime Missions in Conservation
* Fisheries Enforcement
* Scientific Research, linking with government agencies, NGOs and Research Institutions.
* Film a spinoff TV Series from “The Operatives”, that will follow missions the vessel and her crew undertake
* An outreach program including School tours, open days, boat shows and other events
* Influence government and companies in regions the vessel and her crew visit.